Um. So I actually missed my blogiversary?? It was actually a week ago but I somehow missed the notification so here I am celebrating a week late, cuz of course I find ways to mess everything up!! But wait WHAT. It’s been an entire YEAR?!?! I canNOT believe that cuz I still know almost nothing about blogging how HAS IT ALREADY BEEN A YEAR??
I honestly am amazed i made it this far. And I’m so proud. I had thought blogging would just be my summer break time pass, but it’s turned into so much more. I hadn’t expected I would stick to it and actually post regularly through most of the year, but HEY I DID!!
In honour of my blogiversary, I’m going to be listing things that blogging has helped me with/ things that have happened to me this year, and then I’m gonna go on to shout out some amazing people I met on my journey, I’m gonna push you guys off to fill up a survey for me to improve my blog, and some more stuff. This part of my post is inspired from May @ Forever and Everly, because i had loved this idea of listing all the things blogging has done for me.
Because of blogging, I have:
- Come across so many amazing books. The blogosphere has recommended so many books like Six of Crows or Strange The Dreamer to me, which I wouldn’t have picked up on my own account, but have now ended up loving. So many of you guys have similar reading tastes as me, and that has ended up with me hauling hundreds of more books on my TBR.
I actually shouldn’t thank you for that, I am DROWNING IN BOOKS.
- Connected with and talked to the most amazing people. It feels amazing to be in a community with so many people who love reading as much as you do, and actually understand your love for it. All of you guys are so amazing and mean so much to me
- Become more confident in my writing skills and sharing my writing with others. I’ve always been hesitant and unsure about my writing, but blogging has made me so much more confident about it, and has made it easier for me to share my work. Though I still doubt myself, I’m always able to get over the anxiety.
- Improved my own writing. Not only have I become more confident, but writing so much every month has also made me become a better writer (I think) and has shown me how to improve even more.
- Read SO MANY MORE BOOKS. I read more than a hundred books last year, and so many of them were books I had seen in the blogging community.
- Inspired myself. The fact that a small little blog I made just out of boredom has gained over 700 followers in the span of a year has made me so proud of myself, and has inspired me so much, because it shows me that I can really really do what I put my heart to.
My Favourite Posts
- Book Review- Moxie // The Feminism Book We All Need
- Discussion Post- Importance Of Diversity and Representation in Books and Why It Matters
- The Daydreams Of A Bookworm
- Book Review- They Both Die At The End: What Did My Heart Do To Deserve This
- Discussion Post- How Important Are Site Stats Really?
- How To Bribe (a.k.a force) Your Friends To Read Books You Love
- Discussion Post: Why Do Less Boys Than Girls Read?
- Tropes In Books That Turn Me Into A Fire Breathing Chihuahua
I loved writing all these posts so much, and I had to give them a little shout out because they took a lot of effort, but they were also so so fun!!
Something That Amazes Me
So many people from so many different countries have viewed my blog. And my little mind cannot comprehend, that my teeennnyyy blog has been seen by people from completely different parts of the world?! People from 104 different countries have viewed my blog, and though some are probably spam, THIS BLOWS MY HEAD JUST WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I’ve met and talked to so many wonderful people over this year, and all of y’all are such amazing and wondrous little people without whom blogging wouldn’t be half as fun as it is. I love you all so so much!!
//Lu– one of my most amazing blogging friends thank you for everything// Ioana– you’re so amazing and wonderful thank you for always being there!!// Emma– you’re so funny and amazing and i live for your posts ly// Emma number 2– you’re so so sweet and kind!! thanks for all the support// Kyera– your blog is so amazing and so are you!!// Rendz– you were one of my first blogger friends thank you so much for everything!!// Mandy– your blog is so so beautiful and you’re so amazing!!// Aditi– you’re so sweet and supportive ly!!// Annalee– you and your blog are so amazing and you’re such a wonderful person!!//
Obviously, if i haven’t mentioned your blog, it doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate you and your amazing existence, it’s just that I interact with these bloggers the most. All of y’all are amazing and if I knew you guys I’d probably be treating you with pizza rn.
So I’ve been planning on doing a survey for quite a while, and when I realised I just missed my blogiversary, I figured now is the time!! It’s a survey for me to get some feedback to improve my blog for this year, and I would really, REALLY appreciate you guys going and filling it out. It can be anonymous if you want, so don’t worry I wont eat you up. GO FILL IT PLZZZZ.
Edit: this survey does not work I made a mistake!! I’ve linked one which does work in my next post, so please go check that out and fill up that survey!!
Also, since I have no money to do a giveaway, I’m just gonna stick to the good ol Q and A. I personally love doing q and a’s so please give me some questions in the comments?? They can be about anything, not just reading and blogging, so go ahead and ask me whatever you want in the comments!!